All assignments must include a header with the following information:
Please see Office 2003, WD pgs 101-2, for more information
- Student's Name
- Course and Section
- Assignment name
- Due date
A header is a line of text that appears in the margin at the top of every page of a document. To add a header to any Microsoft Office document, follow these steps:
- Open the document to which a header is to be added.
- Select View|Header and Footer from the menu bar. This will open the Header/Footer pop-up menu. The header section will be denoted on the top of the page. The insertion cursor will be flashing in the top left of the header section.
- Type in your name, course number, and section number.
- Press the <Tab> key and type in the name of the assignment. This should be centered in the header.
- Press the <Tab> again and type on the due date of the assignment. This should be right justified in the header.
- When you are done entering the header information, click on the close button of the header pop-up menu.